Hello there, fellow dragons. Yes, I have decided today that we are all dragons, SO DEAL WITH IT. But I call being Toothless. Smaug is pretty sweet to, but Toothless is black, and awesome, (plus he’s actually a dragon, not a wyvern) and he looks like my cat as a dragon. So there.
The reason I have called you all together today is….evilness! Pure, horrible, evil author-ness that make your readers cry and moan in the corner for a month. Epic, right? And today, I get to tell you all about it, thanks to the awesome Claire B. at The Overactive Imagination! You totally need to go check her out, she’s epic.
Now let us begin, my brave dragons!
1. How many characters do you typically kill per book? And how many people have you killed in real life, dear? Do you… feel any remorse about this? I’m concerned about you.
ALL OF THEM!
Okay, I’m kidding. I couldn’t kill all my babies. But I do kill a lot.
Probably more than I should. (My friends tell me I’m merciless.) My current WIP is starting to look like Merlin or Game of Thrones.
As for remorse….it depends on the character. Some of them were extremely irritating to write, so when I wrote their death scene I was…morbidly happy. *evil chuckle* But others made me sad so I had to drown my sorrows in chocolate and Netflix.
2. Do you prefer to use weapons of mass destruction like explosions and famine and world war or more personal torture like killing family and friends and pets?
I do have a plague in my WIP, that kills A LOT of people. But I prefer personal torture. It’s got more feelz. Almost all of my character’s parents, friends, and family have died tragic deaths so far. (I know, I’m horrible.)
3. Are you more like Loki, who perpetrates great evil with a creepy grin, or… Darth Vader, who secretly weeps inside his… fake head, whilst destroying the world?
LOKI TO THE END. But the Force would be nice to have as well. And I don’t destroy the world, because then I would have nothing to rule, would I?
4. What is the most dastardly crime you have ever committed as a writer?
Hmm……probably killing off one of my favorite characters in my WIP. But it was necessary, because she was one of the antagonist’s sister, and another MC’s ‘true love’. So yes, her death was very tragic.
5. What kind of chocolate do you most like to devour as you burn things? White, milk, semisweet, or dark? Bonus points if you are so evil you find unsweetened cacao palatable!
DARK. As black as my evil author heart….
6. What is your villainous title? You may not have “Evil Overlord” because that one’s mine.
What? Fine, no Evil Overlord. How about…..wait for it…
DESTROYER OF HEARTS!!!
SUPREME RULER OF ALL EVIL!!! MUHUHAHAHA!!!!
7. Which of your characters would actually be a match for you if you were to duke it out one on one?
Ha….if we’re talking beating somebody up….probably Jax. He’s quiet, and usually able to avoid trouble if he thinks things through and stays calm and collected(which is hard to do when you’re being chased for your very life). But he’s also very capable of defending himself if need be, and I have a feeling that is I ever did actually try and fight him, even though I know all his weaknesses and strengths, he would beat me in around 0.03 seconds.
And if we’re talking beating me in wits and sarcasm…I think we’d be pretty even. Jax is like a combo of me, Merlin(from Merlin) and Han Solo, with a touch of Aragorn when he’s being epic.
8. Which character, in all the many books you have undoubtedly written, is most likely to be your Arch-nemesis?
Hmm….If I’m still evil, I have a feeling Shadow the main antagonist for my WIP’s first book(it’s a trilogy, going on a quartet) would be my evil arch-nemesis. He’s snarky, sarcastic, and smart. If we ever met IRL, our conversations would probably include (A) an epic battle of wits and random facts, (B) a violent argument, and (C) quite possibly a large explosion.
9. Do you wear a cape? Face paint? A mask? Special underpants? Or do you hide in plain sight… like Moriarty? Give me details!
A hood and cloak, with a cool metal full-faced mask and awesome tech inside from some cyber-movie. All in black(though I might add the white hand of Sauruman to the mask), with a lightsaber.
10. How do you react when you have to kill off a character that is dear to you? Do you laugh evilly out loud? Do you chuckle under your breath and quickly glance around for your next victim? Do you go and weep in a corner for a month because you just lost a best friend? Or do you just shrug indifferently?
Chuckle. I’m not an easily upset person. (Which is hilarious, because if I watch sad movies I bawl like a baby. But if someone dies….*shrugs*)
11. If you had to choose a fictional villain (from book, movies, etc.) to sum up your villainous style as an evil writer, who would it be? Why?
LOKI. NO BUTS WHATSOEVER. LOKI IS EPIC.
12. Do you believe in killing off main characters, or are they your smol precious babies whom you cannot even fathom laying a hand (or steel-tipped ax) upon? (#wimpyevilwriter)
I have killed off several main characters in my WIP so far, so no, I’m not afraid of touching them. The ones who survived have only done so through numerous injuries and torture. But my favorite characters, whether main or not….I hate killing them. They’re my precious babies. Anyone who touches them shall die! *unsheathes claws and breathes fire dramatically*
13. Have you ever chickened out of your evilness and tried to resurrect a fallen character whom you have already brutally murdered? Or do you–as they say–let the sleeping skeleton lie?
Usually when I kill someone, I kill them to make an impact on my other characters. So usually, they stay dead. But I do have *one* that comes back. (He was one of my smol precious babies, okay?)
14. When murdering a character, do you often describe it in cringe-worthy detail, or do you prefer to say “SPLAT! He’s dead”, and be done with it? (Bonus Question: have you ever actually said “SPLAT! He’s dead” in one of your writing projects?)
Ha…I do describe it….but not insanely detailed, unless I have to.
As for “SPLAT! He’s dead,” no I haven’t ever written it. I shall have to remember to sneak it in someday….
So there you have it! The Evil Author Tag! If you think this looks as epic as I did, consider yourself tagged!
~Sarah, Supreme Ruler of All Evil and Dragon