Hello folks! I got inspiration from several writers to do an A-Z questionnaire on my WIP, Firemaster, in the Westrim Trilogy. So, here is the first edition!
Firemaster, Letter A:
Aryanna is the daughter of a blacksmith(Benild) in the city of Tios, only about twenty miles from Wren, which is where most of the city-based action occurs in Firemaster, but Tios is just as, if not more, impressive than Wren. Where Wren is poor, crumbling, and firmly fixed in it’s beliefs of social status, Tios is a bit more free, bright, and better financially supplied.
She grew up quite well, not rich, but financially blessed, as her father was a highly respected and liked man in the city, and he was
Anyways, back to Aryanna. Aryanna became a scout for Tios’s guard two years before our story takes place, when she had just turned fifteen. (This might seem odd, but in Tios, children’s maturity and “coming of age” is not determined by age, but skill and responsibility. )
She was assigned to a “Wing” of female soldiers. A Wing is twenty griffon-riding soldiers, somewhat like a flying patrol. Aryanna is a good archer and excellent swordsman–er, woman, but her main skill is strategy. Aryanna looks at plans from every point of view, allows no mistakes, and is very intent on following rules. She will, however, break the rules to save a life, but that’s about it.
When our story starts, Aryanna is currently on a mission to capture the invading captain of Nagaria, Shadow, son of Marcom. Shadow is the chosen heir of the Emperor, as he has no son(or so it seems..).
Things you need to know about Aryanna Vidrai, daughter of Benild Vidrai:
- Never challenge her to a duel of wits–unless you’re Ky, of course. Then you might possibly get away by a few sarcastic comments.
- Don’t let her near the food…ever.
- Do let her plan your invasions and sneak-attacks. One of Aryanna’s plans never fails.
- Don’t compare her to Vyrn, if you want to keep your tongue. If you don’t, well, go ahead.
- And whatever you do, never, ever, ever hurt her friends or family. Ever.
- Do bring her chocolate when she’s down. She loves it.
- Don’t ask her to ride a horse. She won’t, but will instead propose a race between griffon and horse. On-going rivalry….
So, what did you think of Aryanna Vidrai? Like her? Dislike her? Anything I should change?